We're passionate about giving back to the larger UK WordPress community, find out about how we support groups and can help your user group grow.
WordPress Community Sponsorship
Helping to grow the UK WordPress community is close to our hearts. Not least because we're a hosting company that sells WordPress products but also because we're huge fans of WordPress as individuals. Many of our team run WordPress based websites that have nothing to do with our company. From artists to foodies, our team rely on WordPress to power their creativity in myriad ways.
It's one of the reasons we're keen supporters of the greater community as a company and you'll find us sponsoring everything from large scale WordCamp events to smaller regional meetups. If you're presently organising or looking to organise a local meetup - let us know - we might be able to sponsor your group.
What will 34SP.com provide
- First and foremost, cold hard cash. Need to buy your group pizza so they have the energy to spend an evening getting to grips wp-cli, we've got you covered.
- We'll also provide you with a discount code for our WordPress hosting product. This unlimited use code will give any of your attendees three free months on our WordPress hosting platform for the time we're working together.
- Social media shout out. Just let us know as each event approaches and we'll be happy to give your group a mention on any of our social media accounts.
- And of course, if we can help your group in any other way, just let us know. We're always excited to try new ideas and help grow the WordPress scene in the UK.
We prefer to sponsor a user group for a period of 6-12 months at a time, but we're open to discussing unique arrangements with groups if needed. The same goes for how much cash we'll be able to provide, let us know what you need and we'll discuss with you directly.
What do I need to do to get sponsorship?
We're about as far removed from a hard sell organisation as you could want to meet. We do hope though, that over the months and years of working together, one of your attendees might buy one of our products. With that in mind, in order to support your group we ask for three simple items:
- Firstly, we require a prominent mention on your group's website or suitable equivalent. We can provide any artwork or media assets you might need, but the exact implementation is up to you.
- We ask that you mention your discount code every time your group meets. You can do this via your website, social media, a mailer before or after the event or orally at the event itself. You can do all of these and we'd love you for it all the more, though your users might get a bit annoyed. Again, we're not a sales crazed organisation.
- Lastly, we'd love a social media shout out around each event you host. This can be any platform that you love, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat - you name it.
Which UK WordPress usergroups do 34SP.com presently support?
We currently work with the following groups around the UK:
WPLeeds is one of the oldest WordPress usergroup in the country. Originally WordPress North the user group has evolved over the years to be a passionate group of bloggers, developers, journalists and content makers. The monthly meetup is welcome to all regardless of how long you have been using WordPress
The WordPress Glasgow meetup is a community of local professional web designers, developers, business owners, and bloggers who use WordPress as a tool. Our main objective is to provide an inclusive and welcoming platform where we learn together by sharing knowledge and cooperating.
We are a community of WordPress users, designers and developers in the creative heart of the Cotswolds, we come together on a regular basis to learn, share and engage with others users whilst we meander through our WordPress journey.
A welcoming, diverse group made up of developers, designers, UXers, marketeers, project managers, copy-writers, business owners and dog/cat lovers who meet monthly to discuss all things WordPress.
Founded in 2015, this meetup in the South gets together once a month to share knowledge and experience. Targeted at people who live in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and the surrounding areas topics range from beginner to advanced.
WP Pompey MeetUp and User Group restarted in 2017. It works closely with local WordPress and other groups to promote and share learning. The group brings people together from Hampshire, West Sussex and further afield.
Ok what's next?
Just drop Stuart (our Business Development Director) an email to email@example.com with details about your group; he will be in touch within a day or two to get things going.