Who we are
We’re a web hosting company with nearly 20 years experience of providing quality web hosting and domain name services. Our motto is ‘exceptional service and support’ and we live it every day.
Our main offices are based in the vibrant Northern Quarter district of Manchester, where you will find more cafes, bars and restaurants than you can shake a DNS record at. Our team currently comprises 22 genuinely awesome individuals. We try to get together for fun company events on a monthly basis. Sometimes we go to the pub, sometimes we go bowling. Sometimes we do both.
What we do
We host thousands of websites for a mainly UK audience of personal and small business clients. Our clients depend on us for rock solid, around the clock, quality support – served up with a cheerful smile. Even on days where the server crashed, the hard disk data is unrecoverable, we’re all out of coffee, and it’s raining (hey it’s Manchester). Especially on those days.
We don’t work from predefined support scripts. We rely on smart, creative individuals who listen to each customer and find solutions for them, when they need it. Customers come first at 34SP.com. We’d move mountains to help our customers. Thankfully England has no mountains – which makes tweaking Apache settings and php.ini files that much easier.
Who you are
You’re someone who is completely customer focused. No valley too low, no river too deep, no mountain, oh wait, we already covered mountains. You’re excited to speak with our clients be it over email, via the phone or maybe even in person. You’re adaptable, reliable, friendly, charming, geeky, cool, fun – all those good things. You’ve got more? Fantastic, we want
to hear from you.
What you need to know about this position
We are looking for a Community Outreach whizz. Someone who will communicate our brand online and offline to both new and existing customers. You’ll formally be a part of our marketing team. You will have great English coupled with a proficiency in typing. The successful applicant will also have first rate interpersonal skills. The meek and timid need not apply. A working knowledge of website basics (WordPress, email etc) is a bonus, but not essential by any means.
Did we mention we love our customers? We can teach you all our proprietary secrets and technical wizardry – we’re nice like that – but we can’t teach you a positive customer attitude.
To increase the visibility and awareness of 34SP.com and its products within the communities in which it participates: North West, UK, WordPress, business owners, developers, and designers. Specific responsibilities include:
- To work with the Creative Lead through the agreed creative process, to ensure content creation matches brand goals
- Create blog content in line with that process relevant to the communities in which we participate
- Create a minimum of two new content pieces per week
- To represent 34SP.com at events that intersect with the communities with which we interact and be a positive advocate for our brand and products
- To identify events that may be beneficial for a 34SP.com presence
- To feedback information from events from existing and potential clients
- To feedback information on competitor activity at events
- Work as part of marketing team to improve 34SP.com event execution
- Identify communities 34SP.com can work with
- Develop, manage and monitor engagement with existing communities
- Advocate for communities within 34SP.com
- Identify clients to cross promote with
- Identify vendors to cross promote with
- Identify participants in WordPress space to cross promote with: plugins, themes, groups, and more
- Develop cross promotional strategies with marketing team
40 hours per week, awesome perks, work from home one day a week (post trial period).
Must enjoy travel and be available weekends and evenings when needed for events.
If you’re interested in working for 34SP.com, please send a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.